Black Creek Mountain Bike Park
Black Creek Mountain Bike Park, which opened in June 2019, is a Hoover city park built with mountain biking in mind. The 73 acre park straddles the boundary of Jefferson and Shelby Counties adjacent to the Lake Wilborn community just south of the Hoover Met Complex.
The five miles of purpose built bike trails were developed as loops of varying skill levels surrounding a ridge high above Black Creek.
- Black Creek Loop is a 1.47 mile loop trail for the novice mountain biker.
- Black Ridge Loop is a 1.97 mile loop trail at the top of the ridge and is designed for the intermediate mountain biker.
- Creekview Loop is a 0.6 mile loop trail designed for the intermediate mountain biker.
- Ridge Creek Connector is a 0.3 mile intermediate trail connecting Black Creek Loop with Creekview Loop.
- Parking Connector is a 0.33 mile novice trail connecting the Trailhead with Black Creek Loop in two locations.
The park does not have restrooms.