Drivers License Service Locations
Written tests are administered from 8:00am-3:30pm on a first come, first serve basis. Call the local office for road testing hours.
- County Services Building, Pelham
1018 County Services Drive
Pelham, AL 35124
- License Office, Columbiana
104 Depot St
Columbiana, AL 35051
- County Services Building Hwy 280
19220 Highway 280 Suite 109
Birmingham, AL 35242
Note: For CDL inquiries, call 205-648-2911
Drivers Road Testing Requirements / Procedures
You must furnish a vehicle for the road test. Applicants of 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
The examiner will check the vehicle before the test begins. It must be in safe operating condition and have the required equipment or the road test will not be administered. Check state driver’s manual for required equipment. The license examiner may refuse to give the road test in the event of hazardous weather, road conditions or an inability to effectively communicate.
- Valid Alabama Learners License
- Proof of current insurance on vehicle
- Current Tag Registration of vehicle
- 16 year old or first-time testers must have parent or legal guardian present with ID